Here is my cover letter drafted for the application of a quality associate at schering-plough. Here is the link to the job information: http://impact-sg.jobstreet.com/jobs/jobdesc.asp?type=0&eid=25904567&jid=2144575&did=0&its=0&src=8&itn=
Teo Bei Ning
Blk 000 Bukit Batok St. 39 #06-00
Singapore 650000
Email: lalakoko@gmail.com
September 1, 2009
HR Manager, Human Resource
Schering-Plough Ltd, Singapore Branch
50 Tuas West Drive
Singapore 638408
Dear Sir/Mdm
Application for post of Quality Associate (Release)
I refer to the notice put up in the career opportunities section on website. With my academic qualifications, internship experience and interest in the pharmaceutical industry, I believe that I would be a suitable candidate for the position of Quality Associate (Release).
I am a fresh graduate with a Bachelor of Applied Science (Applied Chemistry) from National University of Singapore and I have always looked forward to a career in the pharmaceutical industry. The Applied Chemistry programme has given me a solid foundation in Industrial Chemistry and I am confident that I can to contribute to your organisation with my skills and knowledge.
In addition to the courses I have read in NUS, I had the chance of doing my internship with Schering-Plough for six months. During my time with Schering-Plough, I was attached to the Data Management Organisation (DMO) section of the Quality Assurance (QA) department. Hence I have a certain degree of familiarity of how the QA department works.
Besides the relevant skills and experiences and an eye for detail, I believe my strong interpersonal and communication skill will definitely be a valuable addition to the organisation.
It is known that Schering-Plough has contributed significantly to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry through its intensive research and development and commitment to quality. The company has also done well consistently over the recent years, posting healthy growth in sales figures. Thus, I look forward to be an effective member of this esteemed organisation and to bring it to greater heights.
Enclosed is my CV for your reference and I would deeply appreciate it if you could grant me an interview at a time of your convenience. Please contact me at 96160000 and I hope to receive your reply soon. Thank you.
Yours Sincerely
Teo Bei Ning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is a very impressive cover letter.
ReplyDeleteYou have illustrated that you indeed possess the relevant skills necessary for the job and also have experience from your industrial attachment.
Furthermore, it is clear that you have done your research on the organisation from your knowledge of their contributions to the health care and associated fields.
Your letter was courteous and concise. In fact, I believe it follows all the seven 'Cs'.
I have nothing bad to say about your letter at all.
Well done.
Hi Bei Ning,
ReplyDeleteThis is a good one. It is structured and very clear. Like Idris said, it seems to include all 7 'C's.
However, I feel that you may want to consider elaborating a little about your experience with Schering-Plough, for example, how you found the experience and what you have learnt from it. I believe this would further please the reader of your letter. :)
Hi,
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, there's only one word to describe this letter - "Excellent". 7 C's are all present, and I think you may please your future employer with this letter.
Good job in writing such a good letter.
Hello bei,
ReplyDeleteNice job in writing a cover letter.Haha. Impressive use of power words and it possess the 7Cs.
However, i agree with CF that probably you could elaborate more on your experience with Schering-Plough and how it gives you an edge over other applicants.
=)
With such an impressive cover letter, I am not surprise that SP accepted you into their internship program. All the 7Cs are present. But i too agree that you should elaborate more on your internship experience in SP, using it to your advantage. I feel that you could also elaborate more on the skills u possess and how it could contribute to the company.
ReplyDeleteThis was not the letter I sent when I applied for my internship. Major changes were made to the letter I sent hahaha...
ReplyDelete